To apply, select the location you’d like to audition at on the MonologueSlam homepage, or click the ‘Events’ tab. We will notify our network first when auditions open, therefore it’s worth signing up to our mailing list. Alternatively, follow us on Twitter. You will see a book option in the top right corner which will take you through to Eventbrite. From there you select your time slot.
Upcoming available auditions:
How the audition process works:
- Actors audition in groups of 20.
- You must come prepared with a monologue and this will be the piece you perform at the show.
- Choose whether you want to apply for the 1 minute round or 3 minute round. If you choose the 3 minute round, you must come prepared with a shortened 1 minute version of your piece.
- Your monologue can be something you’ve written yourself, from a play, a TV show, a film – it’s up to you!
- Youth auditions (11-17) are held on a separate day. You will be required to email the show producer with your 1 minute monologue and the name of your parent/guardian.
If you miss out on auditions:
There are two further ways to get on stage during the MonologueSlam show. The first is through our acting Masterclasses, where two performers from each Masterclass are selected to perform at the upcoming show. The second is our Golden Ticket competition, where you can register your name and monologue on the night of the slam and you could be selected to perform!
Terms and conditions
London auditions: There will be no refunds issued for cancellations made less than 7 days before the audition day. If you wish to cancel, do give us a minimum of 3 days’ notice. Please don’t cancel on the day, as that means we won’t have time to offer the slot to someone else. If you do cancel on the day, sadly you won’t be able to book an audition slot with us for six months, so make sure you can definitely attend!